
I'd rather not be writing this thread, as yet another one of the dwindling Boys of Summer has passed away. Although not one of the bigger names of the era, Billy Loes was a pitcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers, Baltimore Orioles and San Francisco Giants who enjoyed an 11 year career. Used mainly as a starter in the earlier years of his career in Brooklyn, Loes was good for at least 10-14 wins per year. Later in his career, he appears to have taken more of a relief role with the Orioles and Giants. His "best year" was 1957 with Baltimore, where he would make his only All Star Game appearance. He was 12-7 that year with a 3.24 ERA.
No respect? Well, some of you certainly have never heard of Loes, I can bet that! Further more, the man died July 15th, but I am just hearing about it now?!
RIP Mr. Loes. He was 80 years old.

0 Yorumlar