TV and film that I've been enjoying this month.
A new series of The Great British Sewing Bee has started. I thought they'd had a year off but it has actually been away from our screens for two years and I know so many people who enjoy it so it's definitely a good show to revive. The comedian Joe Lycett has taken over from Claudia Winkelman as host and he's doing a great job. There's some very talented contestants again this series, it's hard to pick out who the winner is going to be.
One of my favourite programmes is Gogglebox. I was quite late coming to this, the first series was aired back in 2013 but I've only been watching for a couple of years. If you're not sure what this show is about, it's basically different families and groups of friends from different locations in the UK watching a selection of television programmes and reacting to them. I love it.
I'd heard about Making a Murderer but didn't really know what it was all about so when I got my Netflix trial, I decided to give it a go. I really enjoy true crime documentaries, especially those which show the legal proceedings as Making a Murderer does. Oh my goodness, it had me hooked. Steven Avery served 18 years of a 20 year sentence for sexual assault and attempted murder before being exonerated and released. Two years later he was arrested and convicted, along with his teenage nephew, for an unrelated murder, a crime which they both maintain they did not commit. The first season chronicles the period between 1985 and 2007, the original arrest and conviction, Avery's exoneration and release, the 2005 arrests, and the ensuing trial and convictions in 2007. After watching that I couldn't wait to start season two, which follows the appeals process as Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey try to overturn their convictions. I had all twenty episodes of Making a Murderer finished in no time at all, it was compelling viewing.
Eleanor's home from university for the weekend. It's quite rare that she comes home in between holiday periods so we've been making the most of it and spending some lovely time together. We decided to watch a film last night and opted for Four Weddings and a Funeral. We've all seen it many times before but it's one of those films you can watch over and over again, though it is looking quite dated now having been made twenty five years ago.
Have you been watching any of these? What else have you been watching this month?





0 Yorumlar