Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's Been a Struggle

Despite my attempts to stay positive is has not been easy over the past couple of weeks. News from Middlesex University isn't great. Those students who are due to graduate in 2012 will be supported for the coming year (although this is still subject to various arrangements). The rest of us will be supported through our current module until the end of July, after which... we're on our own! We will have credits which we can use to transfer to another course or we can cut our losses and walk away.

The only distance learning option in Textiles is with the Open College of the Arts. I have looked at this in some detail but for various reasons it is not what I want. The other option is to find a local University with a course I could transfer to - which is what I am currently investigating although sometimes it feels easier to walk away.

But, I'm not one to take the easy option (well, not just yet anyway) so I am intending to complete my current module so at least I have the option of taking my 240 credits elsewhere. For my Personal Specialism site specific work there has been text on tulle ribbons...

I've also worked more on the portraits of people using mobile phones... looking at ways I might emphasise the figures if I were to make them life size... from scribbled sketches...

to free machine embroidery.


Which made me think of the wonderful work of Rosie James and gave me the idea...


of appliqued net under my stitched figure to make her stand out.


which finally feels as though it is getting somewhere.


Especially when I layer it with the ribbons.

It still feels like a struggle, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar