Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dirt Under My Nails (At Last)


The snowdrops I ordered from Carolyn of Carolyn's Shade Garden arrived in the mail today. This was an exciting event for me. I feel it marks the start of my gardening year! Unfortunately, they arrived on the worst-weather day of this winter. The snow that started early, changed to freezing rain by mid-day, and the cold mess continued into the afternoon. I don't know if the ground is still frozen here, but there was no way I was going to dig around outside to find out, so I decided to pot-up the new plants until the weather improves. I was so happy to get dirt under my nails!

It felt like Christmas morning as I opened the well-packed box.
I was surprised they still held their sweet blooms.

Carolyn had clearly labeled each variety.
Wearing barn coat, hat, gloves and boots, I headed out to my potting shed with my precious plants. The potting shed is a mess at this time of the year, but it was lovely to be inside my sanctuary again.


I cleared a bit of space on the potting bench, opened a new bag of potting soil, and soon had four pots of healthy-looking snowdrops!



I carried my trophies to the back porch, watered them, and left them there to await their move to their new home (frequently peeping through the window to admire them).



I will plant them in my shade garden where I can see them (through the French windows) from my favorite chair in the garden room.

View from my favorite chair. (Early spring 2011)

Thank you Carolyn! You made my day!

Pamela x

The only snowdrop I owned before today.


~~ I love reading your comments. I hope you leave one so I’ll know you visited!
I look forward to visiting your blog in return.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar