Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blueberry Yogurt Bundt Cake




I love summer's bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and at this time of the year, one of my favorite choices at the market is blueberries!  The price of a quart of blueberries becomes the same price, or lower, than the smaller pint, or half a pint, of berries I buy during other seasons. 
I treasure blueberries in fall, winter and spring, and add just a few a day on my morning cereal or oatmeal.  In summer, however, when they are in abundance, I love to use them in baking!  I usually make our favorite Blueberry Tart, but while browsing Pinterest one evening I came upon a recipe for an amazing looking  Strawberry Yogurt Cake and decided to make a few adjustments to the recipe and substitute blueberries for the strawberries. According to the Blueberry Council, blueberries are one of the healthiest foods we can eat every day as they are very high in antioxidants, vitamin C and manganese. The council also offer tips on how to cook with blueberries and have many recipes on their web site.


I was excited to use this beautiful Nordic Ware Heritage Bundt Pan for the first time, which a good friend had given me for my birthday in June.  I love using a Bundt pan to bake cakes. They usually look attractive, require no frosting or at the most a light dusting of powdered sugar, and are easy to slice and serve. I have collected an entire Pinterest board devoted to Bundt pan style cakes, so I'll never run out of ideas for wonderful cakes to try!



This cake came out moist, dense, and full of wonderful blueberry flavor -- just as I knew it would! After cooling 10 minutes out of the oven, the cake popped out of the pan easily and had all the sharp sculptured edges that make this pan's design so unusual. I think the Heritage Bundt pan is best suited for a cake with a dense consistency, such as this recipe, as this type of cake holds together very firmly.  I'm sure this cake would also bake beautifully in a conventional style Bundt pan. Now for the recipe:

Blueberry Yogurt Bundt Cake


Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon. lemon juice
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon.salt
8 oz. plain or vanilla, Greek yogurt
12 oz. fresh blueberries

Instructions:


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. 
Sift together the 2 1/4 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
 
2. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 
Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Alternately add the flour mixture and the yogurt, the mixture just until incorporated.

3. Toss the blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.

4. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan.  Lightly knock the pan on your counter to remove all air bubbles in the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

5.  Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
 
 


My husband and I enjoyed every bite of this cake, and  I hope you will too!

Thank you to everyone for all your very flattering comments on my last post!  I do love New York City and to be called a "blog ambassador" for it is the highest compliment you could have given me!




Bookmark and Share

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar