Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

All Wound Up

 

I have no socks on the needles and it was making me twitchy yesterday so I got out these beauties in hopes of getting something started. I couldn't sleep the night before after watching the tragedy unfold in Texas and needed to keep my hands and mind busy. 



It was very early morning and I had the house to myself so I got out the swift and wound away in silence in my garbage bag covered living room. 



While winding I had lots of time to think about what I should do with the yarn and I decided the orange can't be socks-it's too soft and the blue will have to be fancy socks-it's too plain for vanilla socks. That put a kink in all my plans because I am not ready to cast on either of them now. I need time to think and right now as a retired elementary school teacher I can't think straight about anything except all those children.




So....I pulled out another ball of the Lofoten sock yarn but I didn't get that cast on either because I have an obsession about making my socks match and that's not easy to make happen with yarn like this. I have to re-roll it and weigh it and then match up the colors first and I wasn't up for it.  Oh, well...some days you have the yarn and some days the yarn has you. Yesterday it got me.









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar